An Introduction to Relational Intelligence: A New Spin on EQ - October 2019
October 25, 2019
Class Format: 1 - 90 Min Virtual Sessions via Zoom Webinar Platform
Location/Dates: Virtual Session 1 on Friday, October 25th, 2:30PM - 4:00PM EST
Introduction to Relational Intelligence: A New Spin on EQ
Most everyone has heard of Emotional Intelligence (EQ). EQ is like the ‘Kleenex’ of developmental concepts. We hear EQ and we think we know what it means and how it’s used, and we move on. But there’s SO much more to know.
We at Learning in Action (LIA), see EQ in a very different context. A more relational context. Our view is defined by these core beliefs:
- We humans are always navigating the paradoxical tension between being ourselves and being in relationship.
- We shape ourselves to adapt in relationship so that we might belong (and survive).
- Some of the ways we have shaped ourselves so that we might belong are obstacles to our becoming a full expression of ourselves.
Much of our success and fulfillment in life is tied to how we resolve the paradox of self-expression and relationship with others. Understanding how we’ve been shaped and how we’ve shaped ourselves in relationship is essential to our overcoming our obstacles to both becoming and belonging.
In this live, interactive, 90-minute class, we will explore:
- How LIA defines EQ and how it’s unique
- How we are shaped in our early relationships and how that affects future relationships
- How understanding how we defend, cope, react in interpersonal conflicts, reveals our path toward more mature and holistic realization of self in relationship.
Join us to learn more about how you can help your coachees see their relational blindspots and successfully fulfill their potential for themselves and their relationships.
Learning In Action offers coaches, individuals, teams, and organizations effective tools and methods for enhancing Emotional Intelligence in relationship, real-time. We primarily serve leadership development consultants, executive and life coaches, trainers, educators, and leaders who understand a key role they play is in developing individuals and teams to be their best.
Our assessment tools, publications, and consulting / training programs are used throughout the world by practitioners in their coaching, consulting, and team development work, plus in leadership development programs and graduate education in leadership and management