Dinner Workshop: Is it me or is it you?
June 12, 2019
Dinner/Workshop - Is it me or is it you? - Responsibility and Fault in Conflict
When: Wednesday, June 12th, from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm. Hard start at 6:00 pm.
Where: Seattle, WA (address accessible after purchase)
Food: Dinner, wine, and dessert are included
Price: $99 ($69 for trainees)
Note: All fees are non-refundable.
How we answer this question in the midst of an interpersonal conflict is at the heart of emotional and relational intelligence. Whether we realize it not, each of us has a default setting, often resulting from our earliest relationships, as to where we look for responsibility during a conflict and where we point the finger of fault. Understanding our default setting is the first step in enhancing our relationships.
In this dinner/workshop, we’ll explore how our default patterns tend to impact our relationships (including our coaching relationships) and how to separate and clarify “What’s about me” and What’s about you” in an interpersonal conflict.
During this dinner/workshop, we will explore:
- Self/Other orientation, what it is and how it’s the single most significant dimension of our internal experience
- How Self/Other orientation relates to finger pointing
- The relationship between taking responsibility for an interpersonal conflict and taking the blame
- How we can know our own Self/Other orientation
- How our Self/Other orientation can show up in our coaching.
Participants will leave with:
- Clarity about what self/other orientation is and:
- How it shows up in conflict
- How to discern what someone’s orientation is (just by observing their language)
- Understanding of how we can coach clients with either orientation into better balance
- Clarity about our own self/other orientation and:
- How we can spot it showing up in us
- How we are likely to see it show up in our coaching
Learning In Action offers coaches, individuals, teams, and organizations effective tools and methods for enhancing Emotional Intelligence in relationship, real-time. We primarily serve leadership development consultants, executive and life coaches, trainers, educators, and leaders who understand a key role they play is in developing individuals and teams to be their best.
Our assessment tools, publications, and consulting / training programs are used throughout the world by practitioners in their coaching, consulting, and team development work, plus in leadership development programs and graduate education in leadership and management